zondag 30 december 2012

The Queen’s Christmas speech

This year the broadcast was recorded in 3D for the first time. Before the Queen starts with her speech, you see a music play in the ballroom of Buckingham Palace. When the Queen begins, she says that the Diamond Jubilee and how it was celebrated, was memorable for her and her family. She talks about the strength of fellowship and friendship during celebrations of the Jubilee, but also during the Olympic Games. Thereafter she tells that Christmas is a time for coming together, however she talks about those who cannot be together due to service as well.  The broadcast ends with a carol.
I think many people like the Christmas speech of the Queen, because it does not happen a lot that she talks about her own views. I did not like the music play in the beginning, I was glad when they stopped playing simply because it is not my music style. However, I did like the carol in the end. I  can imagine that those women who were performing, were very nervous. Although the text was very good, I found it hard to stay awake. In my opinion the Queen talks very boring. Overall it was a neat broadcast.

1 opmerking:

  1. First of all I would like to state my believe that this woman will be queen forever or at least until Prince Charles gives up and the crown goes directly to Prince William.

    Second, I like that she does a speech and talks from herself not for a law or change in the government or anything like that. But she is getting rather old and to give an entertaining speech might be a bit much to ask.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen