woensdag 5 december 2012

Australian radio presenters trick staff at Duchess of Cambridge's hospital into given details of her condition


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/australian-radio-presenters-trick-staff-at-duchess-of-cambridges-hospital-into-given-details-of-her-condition-8386313.html

Two Australian radio presenters called the hospital where the Duchess of Cambridge is currently staying. The Duchess is in hospital for acute morning sickness. Mel Greig, who is a 2Day FM presenter, said that she was the Queen and that she wanted some information about the Duchess. No questions were asked and the nurse immediately told that the Duchess was about to “freshened up”. The hospital has said that it regrets the incident and that it takes it very seriously. The nurse also said that the Duchess is stable at the moment.

I cannot believe this had happened. First of all I thought that hospitals were not allowed to give confidential information over the phone. Secondly, if someone called me and said that she was the queen, I would laugh very hard. Even if the Duchess is in hospital, I cannot believe that the queen herself would call. I think this is a big mistake of the hospital and this should have never happened. In my opinion the nurse and the hospital are both guilty. The hospital should make clear rules, but the nurse also has brains, so she should have thought a little bit better.

1 opmerking:

  1. I do agree with your argument. I can remember that this was a big scandal in Britain and they were really not happy. The nurse should indeed have taken in account that the queen will not call the hospital and say that she is the queen. Some people just needs to think further than the ordinary matter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen